Saturday, October 8, 2011

What's with the name?

You might be wondering why I chose "Barely Keeping It Together" as the name of my blog.  I figured that by explaining my choice it would not only make sense but I'm sure there are many other women out there who could relate. 

I am a mom of three small children.  My oldest is 8, my middle child is 5 and my youngest is 18 months.  I also work full time for a large software developer and I am also a business partner to my husband (we own our own business as well).   Our lives are BUSY, BUSY, BUSY!  I'm constantly struggling with trying to balance it all while still being the best of everything to everyone....the best employee to my company, the best mom to my kids, the best wife to my husband, the best business partner to our business and that doesn't include or leave room for being the best to myself, hence my muffin top. 

I am always feeling like I'm just barely keeping it all together.  I'm not knocking it out of the park in any department but I'm not quite yet a total and complete failure at all of it either, I'm just there somewhere in the middle...barely keeping it all together.  Sound familiar to anyone?  I would like to think I'm not the only working mom out there who feels this way and somehow deep down inside, I know I'm not alone.  I know I'm surrounded by millions of women out there who can completely relate and even though I may not know you, we might not share our inner turmoil and struggles that we face daily about being the best of everything to everyone, just knowing in my heart of heart that you exist brings me solace.

1 comment:

  1. I don't even work full-time anymore, and I feel you! :) Congrats on the blog, sista. It looks great! Let me know whenever you want to talk dorky bloggy stuff. I'm your gal.

    ReplyDelete